Battery and Charger Care
Usually, it takes 6-8 hours to fully charge the battery. The indicator light on the charger will be red when charging and will turn green after fully charged.
Avoid subjecting the battery to high temperatures, such as directly under the sun, for prolonged periods. Charge the battery in a cool, dry place. Do not put the charger on the carpet/cloth.
When you get the new bike, the battery must be charged fully before the first ride.
Taking into account the riding distance and needs, frequent charging is beneficial to the life of the battery. However, when the battery is fully discharged and then recharged, due to the difference between the single cells during discharge, some single cells may be over-discharged. Over-discharge will greatly reduce the charge acceptance ability, cause insufficient charge, and gradually decrease the capacity. Therefore, it is most reasonable to charge the battery when the battery discharges 50-70%.
If the battery will not be used for an extended period, make sure to charge it at least once a month. Store it in a cool, dry place. Your battery is engineered with precision for high capacity and long, useful life. Do not use it to power other electrical devices. Improper use of the battery will damage the battery and shorten the life and may cause fire or an explosion. If you experience unusual sounds or odors coming from the charger or the battery, unplug the charger immediately and contact customer service.
Recharge battery after every use.
- Do not disassemble or alter the battery or battery charger.
- Do not place the battery near fire or corrosive
- Do not allow any liquids on or inside the battery/charger.
- Do not expose the battery/charger to extreme weather
- Do not operate the battery/charger
- Recharge the battery only with a charger specified by ECOTRIC
- Do not use the battery/charger for any other use
- Only use the battery/charger on approved E-Bikes
Also, take care of sliding your battery in and out so you don’t bend any nodes on the battery plate.